Wednesday, December 10, 2008

An Unfinished Love Trail..er..I Meant TALE

I always thought we were meant to be find each other in this lifetime. And today, was a trail..er..I meant TALE, my apologies, to remember.

At 9am, destiny worked its magic and we were brought together: AT THE CHURCH OF THE ASSUMPTION.

Well, it wasn't all that dramatic, to cut to the chase. It was a meeting of some of the old and new friends of mine. What were you thinking?! Goodness. The church was the grouping point and of course, FREE PARKING!! It must be GOD'S WILL.

Shin Yong, Keh Jun, Xandria, Yokie, Rachel, Jade, Jasmine and I went for a trail- Penang Heritage Trail, to be exact. But...since Penang is all too "heritage-able", the trail which began at LOVE LANE became our unfinished business. We..didn't finished it, to put it bluntly (Rachel and Yokie fared worse than us, retreating earlier leaving the rest of us in isolation.)

The day before, I had to check the weather forecast to ensure we were permitted BY DESTINY to walk on our trail. Weather forecast from MSN Weather told me that it would be cloudy from 8am to 5am. Just perfect, I thought.

But it turned out that it was not cloudy. Oh, it did not rain either. Instead, it was scorching hot, alright!! *&^%! (forgive me).

Nonetheless, the best part I found about the trail was our visit to Chocolate Boutique. It was heaven-sent, I am telling you, for chocolate lovers alike! We were guided by a kind staff on a tour around the boutique. Every kind chocolate was Malaysian made. Oh did you know, "Beryls' " is a Malaysian brand? I found that out today. And I thought, my, my! People have been buying Malaysian chocolates from across the vast oceans! Ah, but the best part was we get to taste the heavenly chocolates, and even Traditional Penang's White Coffee. Yum! (Believe it or not, there were Chili Chocolates. Yes. The lady "commanded" us to taste that chocolate, all of us at once and, you have GOT to taste it to believe it!)






Nostalgia filled me as I looked at the pitiful sight of the buildings along the trail. They used to stand so grand but are now worn, torn and neglected. Negligence, was the worst part of all. Hear it from me, most buildings will not last long enough to shine its proud history- the history of a place I call, "Home".

Finally, our trail..er..TALE through history, brought us back to the modern times: GURNEY PLAZA. Relieved, we were, to be away from the vengeful sun. It was a reminder for me to cherish one of man's greatest creations: THE AIR-CONDITIONER. Nevertheless, today was a LOVE TALE we will always cherish (It did not sound right for me to speak for the rest of my mates but, I had a great time! Thank you to all who made it happen for me!) And, I look forward to, hopefully, more fun with all (including the rest) of the wonderful individuals I never regretted meeting in this lifetime. Remember, I LOVE YOU.

What a love! Not that "kind" of love, stupid. I am talking about "Friendship" Love.

P.S. My "PASSIONATE LOVE" for chocolates shall not end just there. It was an ending, but it was the end of the BEGINNING of a great relationship!

No comments:

Shalyn's Little Art Gallery