Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Oh Yes, A Living Hell!

I just had to write about this. This is something I will remember for a pretty long time. No, it isn't a happy thing. Here goes nothing! :

I noticed many years ago that I am terrified of creatures with either too many legs or no legs at all. I mean, yeah, sure, many of us are afraid. No big deal.

Oh boy, I have to tell you how wrong I was!

The weather forecast says that Oregon will be expecting alot of rain this week. Last week when Jasmine told me that, I was like, okay, it's just rain. I can handle it.

AND, here's what made my life these days a living hell. When it rains, guess what comes out to the ground? EARTH WORMS. YES, YOU HEARD THAT RIGHT. So, on the walkways, there are earthworms. Some are moving, some are dead, either drowned or trampled on, WHO CARES.

On Monday, I found out the extent of my fear for worms. It wasn't so bad at first. I walked on the pathways and I just avoid trampling on the worms. After class, it was drizzling still, I learned that the book and CDs I ordered from the library has arrived. So, I make my way to the library. To my horror, there were waaayyy more worms along the way than the paths I used this morning! I was cringing along the way and I almost cried when I FINALLY reached "heaven" or, the porch of the library. (*&^%$!) I was practically shivering with fear. This. Is. So. Wrong. Isn't it??

Oh the worst has yet to come. I have to make my way BACK to my hall. I don't have to elaborate further. If you saw me at that time, my face would be green in color. I lost my appetite that afternoon. Another item arrived later that evening, but until now, I have yet walked to the library to collect it.

And it has been raining last night and today, too. I was on the verge of tears getting from one place to another, especially last night. I know Tajie's friend and Jasmine told me, don't look down. BUT AT CERTAIN POINTS, I JUST HAPPEN TO SEE THEM AND AT NIGHT, THEY WERE WORST BECAUSE THEY WERE MORE ACTIVE IN THE DARK. Okay. Stop. Stop.

I made an improvement today. I managed to look straight 60% of the time when walking and was 5% further from tears when I reach one building. Well, I ran for 10% of my journey because I just couldn't take it.

Yes. One living hell. I don't mean to hate earthworms or any other worms (Tajie thought it was funny. Thank you, sis.), but I don't understand it myself, they just creep the hell out of me. Please stop raining! *&^$#@!

No comments:

Shalyn's Little Art Gallery