Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Candle-light Party!

Sunday, February 22nd 2009

At noon, my roomie, Amber, and her mom will drive me back to her place for a candle-light party! It is not as romantic as what you are thinking. It is actually a party hosted by my roomie's mom, Tammy. She prepared snacks like crackers, cheese, sausage bacon, fruits, etc. and here's the candle-related part: A consultant selling candles and candle holders will be there to display her products. They were gorgeous! There was this piece which I just can't get my eyes off, a 30 cm square frame made of 350 pieces of hand-assembled colored glass. And when you light the candles in the frame, what a sight! I wish I could get that but it comes with a hefty price tag as well, USD 84!!

Amber has more than 9 cats at home, if I get that right. Her grandma mentioned there are 9 kittens in the yard, and I saw three huge ones inside the home. Yes, HUGE. I have never seen such big cats! I was so afraid that I might get scratched! Whew!

I ended up buying a USD10 set of Velvet Rose candles, which was on sale. I wanted so badly a candle holder where the statue of Buddha sits in a meditating pose and you can light a candle in front of him. It was dark brown in color and it just looked so awesome! Too bad...better luck next time!

I stayed on for dinner after that. I had a wonderful time playing the games the consultant prepared! Unfortunately, I didn't win anything. Again, better luck next time!! What a bummer.

And, no, I forgot to take pictures!! Darn. Please don't rub that in!

No comments:

Shalyn's Little Art Gallery