Saturday, June 27, 2009

Just Seizing One Moment

The world must have heard me saying this for countless times: Time flew!

I'm here just to remind myself how my life is. Okay. Here goes:

Dear Shalyn,

I don't know what to tell you. We pretty much know each other anyway (heck, no one knows you better than I do!). And how we wish someone else would know you better. But anyway, back to reality.

Okay. So these days, you have been working. And working. And..working..okay..hmm..that didn't sound right. T.T
  • You made me wake up at 6am every morning, start working at 6.30am, and leave for a break at 9.30am (breakfast shift) or so..and;
  • back to work at 11am (lunch shift)..and get off maybe before 2pm..and;
  • back again at 4pm and get off hopefully before 8.30pm (I don't have to tell you what shift).
  • And you take a shower..(and laundry if you have to because we only have those few work tshirts)..and;
  • if it's not too late, you read what you're supposed to, or work on your discussion, or your outline, or just read comics (I liked Persepolis. Now reading Persepolis 2. Still cool. Maus will be next!). Online class wasn't that hectic, though. *thankful*
Basically, that's life. Right now, I have..3 days to my two-day off! BLD (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) til then. Oh yea. By the way, we should protest about not having days off during the weekends. Not even on 4th of July. If you press shift-4, what do you get=$. That explains it.

Okay so about BLD, I'm beginning to get bored with it. Well, it was exciting at first but yeah..I get bored. And I haven't even told you about 'A' which stands for the cleaning shift (8am-5pm). which I only get once in a blue moon. Yeah, they switch us around. 8am-5am would be better but it is also darn boring. (I'm complaining too much. Not like anyone cares.)

ANYWAY, enough about work.

Mom and Dad, I think of you two every single day. Dad, I always remember what you tell me to do. And Mom, I wish you could come here to visit us with Dad. I'm saving money for your flight tickets! (Waiting for a paycheck is a pain.)

I am just so relieved Tajie made it. (See, Sissy, I saw you. I saw everything you had to do, I wish I could be there to do more. I'm sorry I was born 6 years later. But I'm here now! I love you always!)

Fernny, I can't be any more proud. You show 'em, sista'!! I always knew you would do it. I also saw everything you had to do. I saw them. You were awesome (and you still are; will always be!). My inspiration.

YuanYuan (roundround LOL), you just do your best! I'm not there at home, but I'm around. Look for me. I will be there. Take care of everyone, especially Granny! I miss her cooking. I really do. I miss her cooking, Chilli/cactus/etc plants.

And to the Fatty Dragon, bah..don't be lazy, you! A smarty but..lazy like anything! Wait til I get back ("Shania, have you finished your homework?! Shania, have you practised your piano?!). I miss your noisiness. You must be taller already. Don't be naughty!

I shouldn't feel envious, but I wish I could go back home, like some people here. I also wish those who hadn't gone back for 3 years will get to go back as well. It must be so hard.

My First Birthday Abroad:

Thank you Mai. She made me this cake, of chocolate chip cookies stacked, with strawberries on top, and also coconut pecan topping. It was the coolest cake ever!

I have never ever celebrated a birthday alone without a cake and without my family, I am glad Jasmine and Mai were there. Do you hear me? I am glad. Other than that, I just tell you that, "Oh, it's just another day.." (which it is. Not like I'm anyone important.)



For Tajie's Birthday


There we go. The picture below was worth remembering. I love you, Sissy!!!

Mai and I baked a brownie/cake (filled with bananas, topped with lemon icing, surrounded by animal crackers and small marshmallows, decorated with strawberries and lime skin and chocolate chips.) Boy, that was a mouthful. Speaking about a mouthful, we cut a piece and sent it over to Florida. Yes, I can't believe we managed to pull that off. It was fun!!


Well anyways, time's up. Back to work. Lunch shift, remember?!

Eat well and sleep well,
Myself.
(Yeah, together, we can handle anything! ANYTHING.)

No comments:

Shalyn's Little Art Gallery