Monday, January 19, 2009

You'll Read This, Won't You?

Like a random leaf on a tree,
Like a grain of sand swept by the waves,
Like you and I thrown into this world,
I did not get a say,
About who or where I'd rather be.
No, I didn't.
I didn't think you did, did you?
Beyond my reach,
The world revolves,
Just like a bus,
Going on a never-ending journey.
And the world doesn't care about the leaf,
Nor it does about the grain of sand,
Nor it does about the leaf,
Nor about you or me,
I am just a passenger in this world,
Not knowing where I'm from,
Not knowing when the ride will stop.
I really don't know.I don't think you know, do you?But what made us so different?
Leaf from leaf,
Grain from grain,
You from me,
Was it because of where we were born?
I wonder.
You'd wonder too, won't you?Just like the leaf,
Regardless how great,
And the grain of sand,
Regardless how great,
And you and me,
Regardless how great,
We come, undecided,
We leave, undecided,
And, we fall undecided too.
As the leaf rode by the winds,
As the grain of sand swirled with the waves,
As you and I wade through our days,
The leaf falls,
The grain of sand falls,
I fall.
I think you do,too, don't you?

It doesn't matter when the leaf touches earth,
Undecided.
It doesn't matter when the grain of sand greets the sun,
Undecided.
It doesn't matter when you and I will be pushed off this ride,
Undecided.
No, it doesn't matter.
At least, I don't think it did, do you?What matters, is what's in between,
Before the leaf kisses the earth,
Before the grain of sand snuggly fits the beach,
Before you and I get of the ride,
What's in between-
What should have been?
Or what's left?
It keeps you thinking, doesn't it?

When the leaf bids goodbye to the winds,
It leaves behind a trail of wind, or nothing at all.
When the grain of sand bids goodbye to the waves,
It leaves behind a trail of wave, or nothing at all.
When you and I bid goodbye to the other passengers,
What do you want to leave behind?
A trail of footsteps? Or nothing at all?
I know you're thinking now, aren't you?
Our journey is undecided,
Like the leaf knows,
So it decided to ride well before it touches the earth,
Like the grain of sand knows,
So it decided to swirl in the best waves before it reaches the beach.
Like you and I know,
So what have you decided?
I decided to make this journey one to remember,
Because not like the leaf,
Because not like the grain of sand,
We, have you and I.

And THAT, made a whole lot of difference.
At least, I thought so, didn't you?

No comments:

Shalyn's Little Art Gallery